Wednesday, July 29, 2009

how do you get cat pee smell out of apartment?

empty apartment rehab going on but cat/ammonia smell strong in 2 rooms
Answers:
When i was growning up my family had a lot of cats so as you can imagine i delt with the smell a lot and i never really found anything that worked the only thing i can suggest is to remove anything that contains the smell and replace it. I'm not sure of some of the newer stuff like the urine begone i hope it would work it would be cheaper then redoing the floor and walls of two rooms.
sprinkle baking soda all over the room (carpet)..use a spray bottle to spray vinegar all over as well .let this dry ..then vaccume (steam cleaning the carpets would be better!!and strongly advised).then air out the room for a few days. GOOD LUCK!
Nature's Miracle. You can find it at a local pet store.
Good luck. Cat urine smell is a very hard odor to get rid of. If you can, rip out the old carpeting and toss it! If you can't throw it away, you'll have to shampoo it several times. Use bleach on whatever you can, it kills odors the best. Make sure you thoroughly clean all the drapes. You'll just have to spend alot of time cleaning and it may not totally ever go away!
try adding vinger to the carpet cleaner. if that dont work you have to rip up the carpet.i have never been in a house with cats(that dont go outside) that did not smell.
Well you could try furbris or fabric softener to get it out.
Hi, you can use leaving some vinegar in the places where you don麓t want cat麓s smell.
It works and try.and tell me if that works for your case.
Bye.
Urine Gone works well but can be expensive if you need it for two rooms. I've used white vinegar. It works GREAT! The smell of vinegar is in the air for a while but it will go away along with the cat urine smell. I put it in a spray bottle and sprayed all over the carpet. After it dried I put baking soda carpet freshener all over and vacuumed. It worked very well for me. No one could smell urine after that and it is inexpensive. Good luck and God bless!
replace the carpet.
"Urine Gone" is great. The kit costs about $20 and refills about $10. You can find it lots of places - Target, Walgreens, etc. Works better than vinegar, which I have also used. Good luck!

1 comment:

  1. One of my 2 cats (both neutered males) had taken to painting all of my walls, furniture, and anything else he could reach. I was horrified when I got a UV light. He never did that in all of the 9 years I've had him and didn't when I got him a buddy (they love each other and did so right away) but when a strange black cat started showing up outside both of my cats went nuts and the older one (9) started his wall painting, as well as the curtains out in the kitty room. I couldn't keep up with it.

    My cats are indoor cats so it's not like the stray is actually going to get in here but they both hate him (and he is weird...my neighbor's cats hate him too). I've tried cleaning with a pet urine enzyme and then spraying some "No More Spraying" but that hasn't worked. He's a sneaky little bugger too; he waits until he thinks I'm not looking and then does it. He's learned that the minute I see him backing his butt up to something he gets yelled at.

    It wasn't until I found NoMoreCatPee.com that I was able to finally get rid of this tiresome behavior. Now my house doesn't smell like a litter box anymore :)

    I've placed a link to their website above if you're interested in checking them out. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete