Friday, July 31, 2009

How do you stop cats fouling in the gravel in your garden?

and using the gravel as a giant litter tray
Answers:
Stick a curry plant down, my next door neighbour does that and they seem to stay out of her garden and crap in mine. my mother in law sticks cd's in hers..lol or bottles of water.
Move the gravel - sorry a simple but really effective way! - they just like gravel and no matter what you do - they will go pee pee and doo doo on it whilst it's there.
Buy a BIG dog!
There is a cat deterrent you can get from B%26Q. It scares them off !!

Good Luck !!
Haha, tie them or put in cage if you are too bothered! It's natural for them to act in such a way, try getting them their litter box and train them in using that instead.
put garlic or moth balls in it also you can buy this stuff called pet begone it works pretty good
Maybe you should put her litter tray out there with gravel and she will use that instead. She might just like gravel to poop in, who knows.
You will have to put something on the gravel they don鈥檛 like the smell of, my neighbour put curry powder down but it stunk the whole street out for weeks!

Trr putting some esential oil drops %26 water in a watering can and then sprinkling that over the gravel.
www.geniestuff.co.uk
They do a fine line in budget bb guns.
May I recommend the M14 replica with grenade launcher? My garden is now cat ( and squirel) free. Dont worry you wont do any serious damage to the cat, but they will think twice before fertilising your gravel again!
you have to clear away all the mess first. Perhaps then wash gravel using a hose (bucket). from any garden centre you can buy a product called "keep off my grass" or something similar which you spray over the whole area. There is also a jell product which you can spread round. you have to persist but it definitely will work in the end.
There's a green gel you can buy from pet shops - think it's called 'Get Off My Garden' and it's pretty effective. Of course, you will end up with green gel on your gravel, which may not be acceptable. You can also buy pepper powder, also from pet shops - this is less visible but doesn't work quite as well, in my experience.
You'll have to apply these remedies every few days - more if it's rainy, but eventually the cats may take the hint and go somewhere else. Good luck.
airgun.
i have 3 cats and have bark up the side of my house belive it or not but your own cat don't do it in their own garden, but this works get a 2 litre bottle of water and fill it half way and place it an the gravel don't ask lol but it work one thing for sure cats don't like water good luck
Mustard spray from your local pets store
You can put some chicken wire underneath the gravel so that when they scratch it hurts their paws. You could also sprinkle moth balls in with the gravel. Any kind of citrus will repel them. There are sprays you can get at a pet store. The only problem with that is that it would have to be reapplied periodically. If you live near a zoo, ask them for lion feces and put them in the gravel. They will mark the gravel as another animals territory.

If all else fails, use live traps and take them to a shelter.
Buy some mothballs as cats dont like the smell, and leave them scattered in the gravel.
Before planting anything, put down chicken wire on the ground.
The cats will not like the feel on their paws and will go and find another spot.
Daft as it sounds, I don't have any gravel in my garden, and strangely enough I don't appear to have any problems with cats in t either. Maybe there is some kind of crazy correlation between the two? Who knows?
PLANT MARIGOLDS! They have such a strong odor, cats avoid them! :O)
get concrete

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, there's nothing I detest more than the smell of cat wee!

    I used to have such an issue with my cats back in the times of living alone with them. You wouldn't accept the commotion they caused! Truly!

    One of my 2 cats (both neutered guys) had taken to painting the majority of my dividers, furniture, and whatever else he could reach. I was alarmed when I got an UV light. He never did that in the majority of the 9 years I've had him and didn't when I got him a mate (they cherish one another and did so immediately) however when a weird dark cat fired appearing outside both of my cats went crazy and the more seasoned one (9) began his divider painting, just as the window ornaments out in the kitty room. I couldn't stay aware of it.

    My cats are indoor cats so dislike the stray is really going to get in here yet the two of them detest him (and he is weird...my neighbor's cats loathe him as well). I've taken a stab at cleaning with a pet pee compound and afterward spraying some "No More Spraying" however that hasn't worked. He's a tricky little bugger as well; he holds up until he believes I'm not looking and afterward does it. He's discovered that the moment I see him backing his butt looking for trouble he gets shouted at.

    It wasn't until I found "NoMoreCatPee" that I had the option to at long last dispose of this tedious conduct.

    Presently my home doesn't smell like a litter box any longer :)

    Here's a link if you're interested in checking out their site: NoMoreCatPee.com

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete