Friday, July 31, 2009

How do you remove cat urine smell from clothes?

My daughter forgets to give me the clothes right away, so its a set in smell.
Answers:
Spray it well with Nature's Miracle, might want to throw some Shout on it too. Wash and dry the clothes twice to make sure.

I washed pissy cushion covers, after spraying with Nature's Miracle and washing twice, they are just like new.

Nature's Miracle can be found at pet stores.
Try leave the clothes into water for a day, then the washing machne will do it the rest. If white, use bleach in thw w/machine..
If you put them in the washing machine with a good detergent and softener that smells nice, doesn't it work?
If it's set in toss them and buy a new outfit.

You can try soaking in a urine odor remover. Can't hurt the outfit is ruined anyway.
Put the clothes in a washer, add some Wisk laundry detergent or Oxi -clean and let the washer do the rest. Sun laundry detergent works good too.
Good luck - even if it seems to be clean a quick rain, heat, sweating, etc are probably going to bring the smell back. I had a cat that was notorious for clothes basket peeing.she would even hang on clothes in my closet to pull them down, and then use them as a litter box! I loved that little witch..but ugh!

Toss it is my advise.
Try Pine-sol.It really does get the smell out.
This has happened to me once, I had to wash it three times before the smell was completely out!
I wash the clothes in warm water and use a little extra detergent. I stop the machine and let the clothes sit and soak for awhile after the soap has dispersed. Then I let the cycle finish. This usually works well. Of course, it's probably easier to make sure the litterpan is cleaned everyday so the cat won't pee in the clothes!

No comments:

Post a Comment