Thursday, July 30, 2009

How do you get the smell of cat pee out of clothes?

This morning I went to put on my pull over jacket to find last night the cat had peed on it. YUCK! so I presoaked it and washed it and it still smells. How do I get rid of the smell? I'm so not happy with my cat. He's lucky he's cute.
Answers:
get some nature's merical, they make laundry soap. that will deffinatly get the smell out, while your there you should pick up a bottle of cleaner, it does wonders!
I don't think there's anything that will take it out. Sorry
Fabreeze it, let it dry. Then spray and wash it.
get some OxyClean it will take the smell out.
wash them in bleach. then hang them out to dry in the sun. lol but the sun will take the smell out.
Throw them away.
Hopefully you didn't wash it in warm or hot water, as that will help set the smell. Try using odo-ban to get it out, works well at the Vet clinic I work at. I've also heard that Zero Odor works well too. Bleach can help also, but you have to be careful with bleach.
http://www.odoban.com/
http://www.zeroodorpet.com/
You can't, you have to throw it away or it'll make everything else it touches smell
Burn it, that should get rid of the smell. (You will probably have to get another jacket though.)
Natures miracle worked for me!!
I don't know about **clothes**..but we took over a house that had been residence to a tomcat, and we were trying to salvage the carpet.

Double shampooing, and then laying down a huge amount of baking soda when it was dry for about 24 hours, then vacumning, did the trick pretty well.

Maybe after washing it, you could literally BURY the jacket in baking soda (you can get big boxes at Sam's Club, BJ, and Costco---and I'm talking 10 pounds or so; although it's pretty cheap if you have to buy it at the grocery). Use a cat litter bucket or small wastebasket to hold everything and let it sit for a couple of days, then wash it well a couple of times.

Can't guarantee that this will work, but it's worth a try. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment