Wednesday, July 29, 2009

How do you get a cat to stop being so mean?!?

My cat will not stop clawing me and bitting me! she s starting to do it to other people and it's really getting sary! how do i make her stop.
Answers:
EDIT Do you have a vet you can take her to - or an animal shelter you can send her to rather than putting her down if she is having some tempermant problems?


I wish I knew - does she have one of those scratchy poles to play with and enough toys? Is someone being mean to her? You may want to take her to the vet - could be something medically (always possible) I did read a few other answers on this site though that seem to say it may be a phase - but that if it lasts and lasts - to take her to the vet.

I always preferred dogs cause when I was younger a cat or two scratched me really badly and I just find them to be extremely unpredictable so I understand how you are feeling - Biting too?? Something may be medically wrong - I hope she does not have rabies or something which can make you aggressive - if you have bled at all - go to your dr and take her to vet - that is my advice. I have included one link on rabies, a cat forum site and one link from another site where a woman has the same problem as you pretty much and received an answer about it that may help you.

If your cat is still rather young or even not - read this site - woman has the same problem as you:
http://experts.about.com/q/cats-1606/bit.

You may want to check this site - it is a forum about cats
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthr.
spank the p.u.s.s.y
I dont think there is a cure. If a cat is mean it will always be mean
It sounds like she is not a very well adjusted cat, I had a cat like that nad ended up having to put her down because she did not change no matter what I did. Please talk to a vet first, to see what your options are
There is really no way to stop her.. she's a ferrel (wild) cat, and my sister had a ferrel cat and he was ALWAYS clawing and bitting people, and, unforuneltly, they HAD to put him to sleep. Talk to a vet, and I wish you luck! :)
hypnotise her to think she's a dog

just kidding, I love cats but some are aggressive this way. I would suggest getting her claws trimmed regularly (not removed because that is cruel). Ask your vet for advice on the biting. I once had to have a tetanus shot after a friend's cat bit my arm and drew blood.
cats hate water ,my sister has 2 very mean cats ,so she has a little plastic water gun and when they dont mind she squirts them ,ex.getting on table ,biting ,clawing ,the water works no cat like water .try this it will help
kill it
Get a spray bottle and fill it with water. Whenever your cat decides to be mean, spray her with it. But it has to be done as soon as she does it. For some reason, they do not have good long term memory. (I read that somewhere). You may even want to buy her a catnip toy to keep her entertained.
I suggest she is bey scared of something in her surroundings. Take her to the vet, they may give her a small dose or prozac, which is proved to help cats calm down.

Also id this cat spayed? If not, that makes a huge difference in their behavior.
get it stoned
You put duck tape on their paws, then they have something else to do, the cats just bored.
get to the vet as soon as posssible thats rabies or most likely distemper ,,, youll neeed a shot too from your doctor
some cats are like that espeacily females and they usualy dont grow out of it i have and her name is boo but we call her btch cat because she is mean she will get lovens from you when she wants them her attitude is love me but dont touch me its called being tempramental
You can start by ignoring your cat. Cats are very aloof and independent beings. Get some favorite foods for him/her, and give them to your cat, but basically ignore it. Do not force it to interact with you. Do not look for him/her. Act surprized if you do meet someplace, but do not actively look for it. When you are near or pass by say a nice word in a cool sweet soothing voice, but still ignore it. In about a week or two the cat will start looking for you. When it does you can say hi, and such and if it comes near reach with you palm flat to let him smell your had, if he rubs himself against your hand you can pet him very gently. But not more, and say some nice things. About a week or two later he will look for you and might even try to sit on your lap. Let him, but do not try to force him to stay, just say kind words and show him your palm and let him smell you, If he rubs himself against your hand you can pet him. If he decides to leave. Let him and do not force him to stay. Now, he should be showing signs of love. Never force him to stay on you lap and never actively look for him. When he wants to be held he will look for you. Never look for him
She wants to be left alone, it seems. May be an idea to take her to the vet to see if there is a clinical reason, that has led her to become aggressive. If she isnt spayed that may be the answer.
By any chance, do you do anything to provoke the cat? Cats are very temperamental, and get scared easily, so maybe your movement or behavior towards her upsets her. I've never known a cat to just walk up to a person and start scratching and biting that person. It's usually when the cat is approached that she takes a defensive stance.
In the meantime, maybe you can get her nails clipped so that the damage is minimal >
get a water pistol, every time she goes to bite or scratch, give her a hit with the water, Most cats don't like water and if she gets wet often enough she'll spend most of her time grooming ie less time for attacking people
well I sujest checking the environment for example see if there is a dog,or other cats in the neighborhood.if not try to change the place she used to do her poo that might be the reason my own cat became mean when she couldn't find a good place to.
if that is not the problem then maybe someone was mean to her.
my cat becomes mean when someone screams or jumps and becomes scared of her that might be your cat's problem too
I''ll be happy to help
my cat used to do the same thing it is actually showing you affection,the only way to stop it is to get the cat neutered

No comments:

Post a Comment