Wednesday, July 29, 2009

how do you get cats to stop chewing on metal window blinds?

they r putting holes in my expencive blinds. the hubby is going to shoot them if they don't stop..HELP PLEASE!
Answers:
There is a spray you can buy at the pet store, called Bitter Yuck or Bitter Apple.something like that. You spray it on the surface that you don't want your cats to bite, and when they taste the spray, they stop chewing. I've had a taste of the stuff accidentally and it is nasty..it's not bad for the kitty though; check the ingredients---rosemary is the main ingredient in the one I use.
Buy them some chicken wings to chew on, oh hears a better one, get rid of the husband. Are they indoor cats? Perhaps they need to get outside and claw some tree trunks etc. I don't believe in taking an animal from its natural habitat i.e. by keeping them predominantly indoors.
In a spray bottle, make up a solution of vinegar, soap and water with high concentration of vinegar. Then spray the area where the cat likes to chew.
cats hate cayenne pepper. put a little cayenne on the blinds and they will leave them alone. my cats were always bothering my indoor plants, but after i put some cayenne in the pots around the plants, i had no other problems. good luck
And I thought I was the only one with this problem! I've got one (only one doing this out of four luckily) that likes to lick the dust off of them, and also occasionally chews them. Even though they were born and raised indoors, their own natural design was intended to be outdoors, so either let them outside (under your supervision) once a week or more, or bring them a bowl of grass from your yard (if you have one) once in a while. That seems to prevent the blinds thing for me.
put pepper on them
HI my wife and I have indoor and outdoor cats. the only thing I know of that cats don`t like is citrus juice orange or grapefruit is the best. Our cats don`t like vinigar %26 water mixed either. good luck Ray
we've had them chew on vinyl ones too. Can spray them with water when you catch them. but what do they do in the middle of the night?

No comments:

Post a Comment