Thursday, July 30, 2009

how do you get your cat to come in when you want it to?


Answers:
I think all cats should be in after dark because that's when they are most vulnerable to cars and other predators.

So I would serve "dinner" at dusk. They would always come home for that and then be inside until after "breakfast" the next morning.
get a box of cat biscuits and shake um by the door when u want um to come in while calling there name it works for us
Try and bribe it with somthing or just pick it up.
offer it food
bang it's food bowl or tin with a fork
try cat treats, and if that doesn't work we normally drag it out from under the hedge..
have you tried ch ch ch ch? He will soon respond to it if you use it at his meal times.
My cats only go outside on harness and leash. I pick them up when it's time to go. Although, my kitten escaped on me once, and she comes to me everytime I call her name. luckily for me, since it was night and we lived in the country.
i get mine in by whistling ,try when feeding him to bang the tin and he gets to know this is feeding time so then at night bang the tin outside.
get a box of cat biscuits and shake um by the door when u want um to come in while calling there name it works for us
walk your out there and pick it up
You say "here kitty kitty kitty". Or call it by it's name. They are not stupid, you just need to give them a really good reason to come to you. Offer a piece of cheese each time it comes, so it always be expecting something great when you call! Or, get a dog. Most men don't like cats because cats are so independent - dogs are obedient and here to serve.
as soon as my cat heared the can opener he would come runing
Yes, shake a box of the cat's favourite treat and call him or her. If this does not work, only let the cat out before he or she is due for his or her dinner so he or she is hungry, then do the same.
beg
uh this usually works but not always since cats have their own opinions.
Try getting out dry food or a cat food can and bang it and call its name, Most of the time they hear the sound (make sure u use the same stuff everytime) even if they are far away and come to you in the next 5 minutes or less. Unless its not hungry and it goes *pah, stupid humans. I'm no stupid dog!*
Ask the lady down the road to stop feeding it, because she thinks it's a stray?

me. guilty. oops:-)
My cats are in 2 groups; half come when called like dogs. The rest? Totally ignore 'em, making sure that they see you,maybe walk away slowly.Cats suckers for reverse psychology.
You dont. Cats want to be in when they are out,they want to go out when they are in, and sometimes want both similtaniously. What i am trying to say is that it will come in only when it is ready to come.
buy it a mobile phone then ring it when you want him/her to come home
Keep a pit bull in the garden and it wont go out in the first place lol. you can't really and you'll get fed up standing like an idiot shaking a box before snuggles does.
I TEACH MINE TO COME TO MY WHISTLE , AS IT CARRIES FURTHER THAN A CALL ,ALWAYS WORKS , TRY IT OUT , GOOD LUCK *m*
she comes if she wants too.you need a dog if you want them to come when you call.
i never let mine out so that solves that problem
I trained mine, as kittens, to come when i shake a box of cat treats. Now i just call em and shake the treats. Fingers crossed they've always come running when i do it!
All my cats know their name. All I have to do is call their name and they come to me. My youngest kittens are 4 months old and all I have to do is call their name and they come running.

If your cats don't know their name or won't come, shaking a catfood bag almost always makes them come running. Even if they are not hungry, if they hear the catfood bag they seem to be there in an instant.
I usually whislt to get their attention and then put string on the floor and move it my cats loves it and then I pull the string inside.
my cats nowdays live inside with their own private catrun to enjoy the wild nature, but for many years I had a simple method.

During the day the cats only had a bowl of dried cat food to eat. At dusk/sunset each night I would whistle in a specific way (looooong whisle - like pwe-pwe-pwe-pwe-pwe.) and when they came running inside the got fed some tin cat food.

They learned very quickly to associate the special whistle with their one and only daily treat, so they very soon came running at dusk for their night time curfew, or any time I needed them inside.

It is also important to get them inside before full sunset, as after it gets dark, they are in full nocturnal hunting instinct and NOTHING will get them inside until 3-4 am in the morning, the ratbags!

The whistle is better than tapping a tin can, or shaking a box of dry food, because if they are a long distance away, you need a sound that will carry far for them to be able to hear it.
Try shaking a box of biscuits or calling his/her name repeatedly.
try calling ure cat then close the door then try again and then they will come in well mine does lol

No comments:

Post a Comment