Thursday, July 30, 2009

how do you get your cat to stop peeing on your bathroom rugs?

I just got my female cat fixed, now she pees on all the bathroom rugs. Anybody have a suggestion how to make her stop.
Answers:
I used to work in a vets. Try t tree or a citrus spay or even pepper on the mat. Cats hate those products
get rid of the cat. cyanide or arsnic work best
She may not like the smell of whatever you use to clean the rugs - she is trying to cover up the scent with her own. Perhaps switch your cleaning agent.

Also, if she's done it once, she's smelling her "marking" on the rug and thinks it's an appropriate place to go now. Try washing the rugs with vinegar. It neutralizes the smell of ammonia (urine).
I will look for a good answer here. My darn Kinsey pees on my bathroom rugs. I have just taken them up as they are large and requiring too much space in my washing machine.

Have no idea why he would start this after 12 years.
In a lot of cases, innapropriate elimination is caused by a medical problem such as a bladder infection. Call your vet and let him/her know what's going on. Since this was a sudden change after a surgery, it would be a good idea to have her checked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment