Wednesday, July 29, 2009

How Do you get cat pee out of a matress?

My cat pee-d through my comforter sheets and matress pad onto my matress. How do I get the smell and stain out?
Answers:
Natures Miracle works- follow the instructions on the bottle. Just know that it works enzymatically, so the smell will pretty much go up and down until the product is finished working. Good luck, been down that road a couple of months ago.
put soap on it and spray it with a hose outside than let it dry.
I think its next to impossible to get cat pee out of a mattress you will probably need to get a new one also make sure she goes in the liter box because once they start peeing outside of it they will keep on doing it.
You don't. That smell will never go away completely no matter what you do. Get a naew mattress and get rid of the fur ball.
Use a straw. Hope you like ammonia!
Try using Nature's Miracle, it gets smells out of things pets pee on.
the best thing to do is get a new mattress sorry that smell is forever
You could try hydrogen peroxide. I heard it will take urine out.
If you can't get a new mattress, purchase some Nature's Miracle at the pet store. Saturate the mattress with this and you'll have to let it dry for several days. Once that's done, purchase a waterproof mattress cover or at least a tarp to put under your washable mattress pad. Febreeze or ammonia will not work. You need the enzyme that removes the odor and scent that will prevent the cat from resoiling that area.
Throw it away. Sorry I am speaking from experience and NOTHING WORKED!!
if the cat was never fixed,not heck of alot you can do to get it out, i do know if the cat pees outside the box it either needs to be cleaned[cats don't like to use dirty litter box and will go elsewhere] or take the cat to the vet,may have kidney problems, either way good luck,from a true cat lover!!
get a cleaner that does not have ammonia in it. good luck
everyone seems to like natures miracle, although i've never tried it. my cat peed on my couch, (he's gone now) and what i did is bought a big bottle of febreze and dumped the whole thing on my couch where he peed at. i let it dry, and then shampooed the water stain it left off, and it's good as new. good thing too, because it was brand new furniture.
I would say get a new mattress.
get some urine-gone. they sell it at wal-greens.
I have to agree with Pamnjack. I just had to get a new mattress.
I had treated it and thought the smell was gone and when my niece came to stay she said she smelled it. I gave her a little bouquet of roses to put on the nightstand!
Sprinkle with baking soda then pour vinigar on. Repeat until the stink comes out. The scrub with carpet shampoo or something to get the vinigar smell out. This is also good for carpets. When it dries, get a waterproof mattress pad.

No comments:

Post a Comment