Thursday, July 30, 2009

how do you keep neighbors cats and their smell off my porch and yard?

cats spraying on my porch and yard.their not even mine
Answers:
When cat comes around you could spray them with your water hose. Remember cats hate water and this would be a form of aversion therapy. Then go to a home supply store and get a catch it live trap. Put canned cat food in the trap. Catch the cats and take them to the pound (or call and have the cats taken to the pound). I did this with about 30 cats around my old house. It was getting so bad I could not open my windows because the outdoor cats were trying to attack my indoor cats. I basically just got rid of all the cats.
Try to keep a dog.
Rabbit manure spread as a compost in your landscaping will work.
Cats don't like the smell of vinegar. You can put some in a spray bottle and "mark" your territory that way. It may take a couple of days but stay consistent and the cats should stay away. I'm not sure what it is about the vinegar but I dilute some in water and keep a spray bottle handy for when my kitties get out of hand and it always works. They won't go near the spot that I've sprayed. The best thing would be to politely inform your neighbor of their cats' behavior and suggest that the cats be fixed if they aren't already. Spayed and neutered cats are less likely to mark territory since the hormones produced by their bodies for the reproductive system aren't needed after they are fixed. Good luck!!
Pellet gun!
put up a fence, tell the neighbor
Shoot them.
I had a problem with cats,they don't seem to like the smell of mustard seeds,so try to sprinkle them on your porch.It worked for me!
K9
No way 2 keep them off of your porch but to get the pee smell gone use 4c of hot water %26 2Tbsp of vinegar put it in a spray bottle %26 spray it really good on the porch then wipe it down once again respray %26 the smell should be gone.Good Luck
I don't know what it's called, but I think there is some kind of spray you can use that will discourage cats from certain places.
Mothballs..they hate the smell.
Hi there.Common odours that are effective deterrents for cats are:

Citronella works best for cats as well as citrus scents such as orange or lemon (primarily towards cats), cayenne pepper, coffee grounds, pipe tobacco, lavender oil, lemon grass oil, citronella oil, peppermint oil, eucalyptus oil, and mustard oil.

"Havahart's Cat Repellent" uses capsaicin pepper and oil of mustard as its active ingredients. It repels by both taste and odor, has a lemon scent.

Every animal responds differently to each of these. Some will not be phased by them and others will be quite revolting.

For training purposes they are applied on items that are to encourage avoidance behaviours and not for use with a squirt bottle as they could harm the eyes or respiratory system. Test each substance and observe to see which works as a deterrent so that accidental injestion does not occur as some could then be fatal.

Coleus plants can be effective, but every cat responds differently so it is uncertain without experimenting.

http://www.cvm.uiuc.edu/ope/enotes/showa.
MOTHBALLS are toxic to cats which contains the ingredient Naphthalene. Mothballs are approximately twice as toxic as paradichlorobenzene, and cats are especially sensitive to naphthalene. Signs of ingestion of naphthalene mothballs include emesis, weakness, lethargy, brown-colored mucous membranes and collapses. Paradichlorobenzene mothballs may cause GI upset, ataxia, disorientation, and depression. Elevations in liver serum biochemical values may occur within 72 hours of indigestion.
Shoo. Shoo. Go away you bad, horrible %26 stinky cats!!

Tell your neighbours to keep their cats from wandering around your porch %26 yard area. %26 for the mean while, spray them with the water hose just to scare them away coz that's what I've been doing lately. I'm also having the same problems like you do. My neighbours don't spayed their cats %26 they just let it go freely %26 wandering around my house. They poops %26 sprayed every where on my lawn %26 on my shoe racks! Grrr.. Huh! %26 my cat even got so scared with some of the other gangster cats. So I have to protect my cat from 'em all. Sometimes I even chase them around the house with the water hose. %26 it is a good exercise for me too. LOL. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment