Thursday, July 30, 2009

How do you get your cats to sleep under the covers with you so that you stay warm in winter?


Answers:
Try putting them there. Or maybe start by just bringing them into bed with you, then putting them under the covers. It's hard to force a cat to stay anywhere though. It also depends a lot on the type of cat you have. one of my cats is a total people person and goes where he is put and the other cat likes to do stuff all on her own!
If the cat is cold it will come under the covers, but it will feel chilled when it comes out.
if only i knew
it is best to start putting them under the covers with you when they are kittens but if not then just keep trying and it should work out
The question really is, how are you going to get them to stop after the habit is established? Wait until you move your feet in the middle of the night and get a little nip or scratched.
We adopted a kitten in the winter and in order to keep it warm, let it sleep under the covers, well Sammy slept under the covers for 16 years and he played with our feet too.
Unfortunately, cats are stubborn, unless they have slept under the covers from the time they are kittens, they generally won't. Cats do what they want when they want and there's really nothing we can do about it. LOL.
rub their belly n head
Heating blankets are good but my cats love being under the blankets.
First, your cat has to trust you. If you sleep with your cats already; then you have to invite them under by lifting up the covers and make a scratching sound with your fingernails or something like that. When she comes in, scratch her and make her want to stay there. . My cat took 7 years to sleep above my feet on the bed. Now she sleeps with her head on my pillow and under the covers. Every cat is different. and if you toss and turn a lot in bed; the cat doesn't have patience for that kind of stuff. They are quite pickey; but you probably already know that if you are a cat lover/owner. Good luck.
Aren't you afraid they will sudffocate? I don't let my cat under the covers when I am asleep, because I might turn and squash him or suffocate him. He sleeps on top of the covers, next to me, though.
I think he doesn't want to get under the covers for the same reason, in fact. Cats know how to protect themselves, if he doesn't do it, let him alone, he knows better.
Is your place really that cold that having your kitty under the covers is going to make that big a difference? I've had a pet cat all my life and it's my experience they do what they want so I suggest you buy a hot water bottle and let kitty sleep where ever he/she wants.
my parents have owned cats for over 18 years and i have been living with cats since i was born. you could just put your cat on your bed and he might just go under if he is cold or tired. my cat sleeps under my covers or on the chest in my moms room. i love my cat charlie
I don't know if you can, my boys won't sleep under covers, you'll just have to keep your house a little bit warmer for them
dogs are better at that kind of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment