Thursday, July 30, 2009

How do you get rid of the smell of cat wee?

The next-door neighbour's cat has peed in my children's pram and I can't shift the smell. I don't want to have to buy a new pram - can anyone help? Killing the cat is not an option. Thanks.
Answers:
There's a product called Simple Solution. It's an enzyme solution thats in most large pet supple stores. Follow the directions on the label. Works like a champ, trust me.
A burlap bag, a rock, a shoestring, a pond, and a dark night. Doesn't get rid of current smell, but assures no future smells.
Hi Sharon
Well a cat climbed into my sisters bedroom and done the same thing put only on her carpet. She was told to cut an onion in half and leave it for 2 days. Try that and hope it works for you. Cheaper than having to buy a new pram
try :bionetix: web site is bionetixuk
give it a few good washes with hot soapy water then let it dry out. then spray the surface with a spray called fabreeze. really good at getting rid of allsorts of nasty niffs. w


WHY ASK FOR ADVICE IDIOT IF YA GONNA JUST THUMBS DOWN TO EVERYONE TO BE A PRATT. YOU WERE GETTING HELPFUL ADVICE FROM PEOPLE TAKING THE TROUBLE TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION YA IDIOT. TRY CLEANING YA HOUSE AND THE CATS MIGHT NOT BE ATTRACTED TO IT!!.
With difficulty, better option is to prevent the creature from coming into your garden in the first place. Try crushed up moth balls spread around the perimeter of your property, or at least where the cats are coming in. secondly, get a cat yourself, their Territorial and won't let others in.
try, bicarbonate of soda and water, also biological wash powder and warm water will eliminate this cats dont you just love them - I think it sounds more like the cat has sprayed (scented) your children's pram. They dont tend to urinate in such places but obviously has decided to make the pram his own!
my cat wee's everywhere you will get used to it after awhile its not to bad
why dont u take a wee on it, that way it will smell of your wee and not the cats
Kill the neighbor and leave his/her carcass as a warning to the cat. Whats a pram any way Im from the desert, is that like a fall out shelter?
Hi Sarah.consider using Nature's Miracle (available worldwide at any pet store). It's an enzymatic neutralizer which lifts the urine odours by thoroughly soaking the affected area to let air dry. Repeated applications may be necessary depending on how heavily soiled the area is.

Here's a photo to help you recognize the product on the store shelves: http://www.petsmart.com/media/ps/images/.
Get Off spray or Wash and Get Off spray is also very good and you can get that from pet shops also (Pets at Home etc)
White vinegar neutralises the smell of cat wee. Not only safe but also inexpensive.

We use it at the cattery when a cat has been spraying. As you can imagine it is necessary to get rid of cat spray/wee so that others wont spray/wee on top of it.
I have no idea what a pram is but here's a good product:
try washing it. if its it white bleach it. we had a cat spray on out back porch and all we did was mist bleach water all over the porch for a week to get ride of the smell
I use bicarbonate of soda and hot water, which seems to work.
well said daka 10 points
Biological Washing Powder solution, breaks down the enzymes in the urine. Then use a Pet Fresh type product if you wish.

If you use disinfectants and other things, it will only make the smell stronger.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, there's nothing I hate more than the smell of cat pee! 😾

    I used to have such an issue with my cats back in the times of living alone with them. You wouldn't believe the mayhem they caused! Seriously! 🙀

    One of my 2 cats (both neutered guys) had taken to painting the majority of my dividers, furniture, and whatever else he could reach. I was alarmed when I got an UV light... 🔦

    He never did that in the majority of the 9 years I've had him and didn't when I got him a mate (they cherish one another and did so immediately) however when a weird dark cat fired appearing outside both of my cats went crazy and the more seasoned one (9) began his divider painting, just as the window ornaments out in the kitty room. I couldn't keep up with it anymore.

    My cats are indoor cats so dislike the stray is really going to get in here yet the two of them detest him (and he is weird...my neighbor's cats loathe him as well). I've taken a look at cleaning with a pet pee compound and afterward spraying some "No More Spraying" however that hasn't worked. He's a tricky little bugger as well; he holds up until he believes I'm not looking and afterward does it. He's discovered that the moment I see him backing his butt looking for trouble he gets shouted at.

    It wasn't until I found "NoMoreCatPee" that I had the option to at long last dispose of this tedious conduct 🙂

    Currently my home doesn't smell like a litter box any longer 🙏

    Here's a link if you're interested in checking out their site: NoMoreCatPee.com 👈

    Cheers! 🎉

    ReplyDelete