Friday, May 21, 2010

How long should i wait before i get another cat? My other cat passed away?


Answers:
When you get that needy feeling go to a local shelter and visit with all the cats. In my many years as an adoption counselor I was always amazed when the cat and prospective owner connected. Sometimes it was the first one or not until the 25th one (the San Francisco SPCA at Maddie's Adoption Center would have 75 cats available for adoption every weekend.)

My beloved Spookie died three years ago now and though I have five other cats still I am looking. I may have found one -- a 15 year old abandoned at a cat boarding place. He is so sweet and I want him very much. He has been there for six months now. They are sending out the registered letters now in a final attempt to locate his owner. So maybe by October ..

I just came across this quote: "No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch" Leo Dworken
when ever your ready to get a cat.
It depends on how you feel. I got my cat from the pound only days after I lost my other cat unexpectedly. It made me feel good that I was able to save another cats life..check out a shelter

I am sorry for your loss.
Blessed Be.
we waited maybe half a year to maybe two years before we got another cat. depends on how you feel.
Whenever you are ready.
get another cat when you are ready if you are ready now go for it it s not like when a wife becomes a widow and marries in the same week
That's really sad, I'm sorry to hear that. I currently have a cat and I just don't know how I would handle being without her. I would say get one only if you are ready to move forward.
That depends on you, and whoever else is in your family - alot of time a new pet will make the grieving process easier.
who cares. just asking the question makes it sound like you want another one. It's not like it was your husband its a dam cat. And even if it was "like apart of your family" Im sure its not in cat heaven looking down saying you **.
depends on when you feel you can show love and attention to another cat. Sorry for your loss, I know it is hard.
I'm sorry about your cat. Frequently another cat will come along and adopt you when you are ready. And the animal shelter is full of animals looking for love.
When u feel like u should take another one.he'll make you feel better.
Any time. Remember that getting a new cat will not be taking the place of the one that passed away. That one will always be in your heart and loving a new cat will help you grieve.
IF U WANT ONE GO AND GET IT NOW
When ever ur heart is ready to move on
You should probably wait about a month or untill you feel the time is right. because we just had a cat pass away a couple months ago and we got another one the next month.
as long as you feel you are ready go for it.
it's been my experience that having another cat seems to ease the loneliness of not having the one that passed away. not that it can replace the other one, but you will come the love it all the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment