Monday, May 24, 2010

how long for a cats fur to grow back after surgery, please?

My cat was spayed on 17th October - and the vet did a fine job of shving her tummy. The fur is barely growing, and she still has a little white tum! How long did it take your female cats hair to grow back? It seems to be taking forever
Answers:
First I would like to thank you for being a responsible pet owner and having your cat spayed.

Hair grows back on cats at different rates depending upon the season of the year and the climate. The winter and summer coats grow in fast, while as the regular hair growth can be seen as slow. If your cat has all ready gotten her winter coat it will take a while for the hair to grow back in.
About a month or so. It doesn't take too long.
We had to shave our cat's hair once, and it took a couple months to grown completely back
My cat it took almost 3 months for him to get fur and still right now it isn't back to complete normal. Cats fur grow really really slow.
it took my cats about 2 months and it was all grown back'with short hair. it's coming.
It took my cat about a month or so to get her fur back, but she does have long hair, so her hair probably grew a little more quickly, but dont really know if that has anything to do with it between long hair and short hair cats.
it will take about three months. my cat was spayed and i belive that's as long as it took.

5 comments:

  1. My cat had 3 paws and a full belly shaving during an 11 day hospital stay. It has been 2.5 months and his paw fur is grown in about70% but his belly is still almost completely bald. It is always cold too. I try to rub it a lot to keep it warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My little Baggera got neutured at 7 months old after rescuing him from the street life . he had completely bald bum when i got him back from the vets after surgery back in january and its now April 8th and his hair still has barely come back in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of your answers were really cool but my cat was faded a year ago and she's still bald all the way down to her legs and her whole belly it's been a year I don't know if I should add vitamins to her or anything does anybody really know how long it's going to take for her hair to grow back she's a blue Russian or Russian blue thank you I love to hear from you guys
    .

    ReplyDelete
  4. She was faded and not faded my Russian blue I would really like to know if she's ever going to get her belly her back and all the way down her back of her legs thank you.

    ReplyDelete