Monday, May 24, 2010

How many cats are too many?

This is like for 1 person to have for pets?
Answers:
as long as you can financially support them you can have as many as you want. i had 9 cats at one time..so i don't think 4 is too many, my animals make me HAPPY
1 is too many
Four is too many. Trust me, I am there
Cats - none, thats the best number to have
Most of the time if you get more than 3 -4 cats in a hosehold-somebody is going to have behavior issues. This includes stress-related urinary issues and aggressive tendencies. Cats are generally solitary animals. One or two is enough.
More than 2.
depends on the size of living quarters
really dont want more than three per room
and to be honest it really starts to stink if there are lots of them
For one person, three or four would be alot.

I am currently debating owning 101 cats and living in a mansion all by myself until the cats eat my alive. j/K

I have three
A cat, a dog and a pond turtle
If you have to ask that question - you may already be in trouble.I would say more than two.
2 maybe.I don't know!
For me 1 is too many.
more then 1 is too many in my opinion
When you can't afford to take care of them, for some, one is too many.
ONE
3
I think 5 is too many
ONE !!.
i think 42 cats is bordering on too many for one person.
3 or more cats is always to many. 1 is not enough. Either get 0 or 2 cats.
This depends on your living arrangements, the type of cats you have (Are they pedigrees? If so, which breed?), if you are at home a lot or away and many other factors.

My vet did once say to me that 6 is the optimum number for a group of cats - but again - this depends on so many factors.

I have a lot of cats (17 at the moment including kittens - I breed them as a hobby), but they all get along fine. They're a very easy-going, laid back breed (Ragdolls) and enjoy each others company. I don't have any problems with aggression or inappropriate behaviour. I don't think it would be the same story if I had a different breed of cat!

If you work full time and are a single person I'd probably say that 2 is better than 1. A single cat may become lonely when you are at work and then start to show behavioural problems. With two cats, even if they don't get on particularly well they'll still be good company for each other!
Personally, I think 3 cats, or pets in general, is the limit.

But, if you keep them inside, don't let them breed uncontrolled, are well fed, and have regular vet visits, then it is your business. I have friends with four cats, a dog, and a bird, and they seem to all get along just fine.
3 is too many. But if you can handle 3 or more, then go for it. I won't make fun.
Just get one cat because your going to have cat hair all over the house,that's way we sold are two cats.
As a rule, if you cannot take care of the number of pets you have(ie.. food, cleaning, vet visits, etc..)then you definitely have too many. iIt is required by law, lin America, that you register, or license, your pets at your vet, if you cannot afford to keep up the bills, then you have too many.
If you don't like cats, then 1 is too many! But anyway my friend had 2 cats got married to someone with 2 cat and she when and got another 1. and it seem like too many for 2 people so I would say 2 should be good, because when you are not around they would still have a companion to hang out with.
the most pets I have had was 7 growing up now that I'm an adult I have 4 I would have no more then 5 at a time you can't spread your attention out to them all if you have too many pets
as many as you whant!
depends on your situation.
do you have the finances to take care of the cat(s)?
do you have the space for them?
do you have time?
do you have energy?
Well, I have 2 now and we are doing just fine, no behavior problems such as inappropriate urination etc. I have had as many as 6 with much problems.
Two is a manageable number. Have had more ourselves - three gets to be a lot; once we had nine.

1 comment: