Monday, May 24, 2010

How long is bagged cat food fresh until?

I am just wondering how long after I open my cats food will it go stale or bad? My cat seems to eat the fresh food faster and more readily than after the bag has been opened a week or 2. It does have a ziploc type seal so the air stays out, but will it still go rancid? She eats the Whiskas brand.
Answers:
If you look very closely there is an experation date on cat food these days, this will tell you how long it is safe to feed the food.

I have also experienced an animal not wanting to eat from a bag that was opened a month ago. so i switched and bought smaller quanities at a time and now put the food into an air tights plastic container for storage.

Also. cats are very picky eaters so it IS hard, BUT dont spoil it to much or it will get bored of everything.
I had the same issue, i buy the same brand "whiskas" , now instead of leaving it just zipped, i roll the top over a couple of times and put one of those clip things (large one) on it. It stays fresh as, and they still chow down on it. Hope I've helped a little?
Ask the manufacturer.

We keep the catfood in air-tight plastic containers such as Tupperware or Rubbermaid.

No comments:

Post a Comment