Monday, May 24, 2010

how long does it take for cats' whiskers grow back?

my three year old clipped her kittens' whiskers and the kitten is 4 weeks old. how long will it take for them to grow back.
Answers:
And THIS is just one of the many reasons you don't get a 3 year old a kitten.

"His whiskers will grow back within a few weeks. Remember that cats use their whiskers to navigate around so do not make changes around them,lest kitty becomes confused. Also, while I always recommend that cats stay indoors, it is especially important that your cat stay inside until his whiskers grow back. He will be at a serious disadvantage without them. Simba"
it takes a long time. I would suggest that you make this kitty an inside kitty. There whiskers help with there sense of balance as well as many other things. Your kitty will have alot of problems if it is allowed to run loose.
Why would you cut your cat's whiskers int he first place? lol.. ANyways.my sister did that once. THey grow back in about 2-3 weeks
I'm sorry but it has to be said. Why in the world did you leave scissors where your three year old could reach them? As for the answer to the question a while.
2 weekes, maybe quicker if it is a kitten
It takes a long time..to know for sure you can ask the vet online here is my site below.
Wow, I can't even believe that your question is how long will it take for the kittens whiskers to grow back. It should be how stupid am I or how can I be a better mother.

2 comments:

  1. jones, I'm sure she realizes it wasn't a good thing as to what her 3 yr old did, but you have nno reason to say she isn't a good mother. Everyone makes mistakes, especially 3 yr olds. This is a site to ask questions about things so why is that so 'wow'?

    My cats whiskers are about an inch grown back and it's been well over 2 months snce the incident. So don't bank on it being anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe the horrible things being said here. Accidents happen. I am sure none of you others are perfect. You can get a 3 year old a kitten. I had my first kitten when I was a year old. I was supervised when snow was with me. Accidents happen and scissors get left out. In the future I would reach out to your vet who is less judgmental. With all the homeless kitties out there on brink of being put to sleep I commend you for taking one in.

    ReplyDelete