Monday, May 24, 2010

How long does it usually take a cat to show signs of reaction after using a one spot treatment on them?

I bought a Zodiac flea control one spot treatment and now I have found out it can cause reactions and even death in some cats, now the cats i plan to put it on have been given baths in ZEMA flea shampoo and had no reaction, so is it safe to use the one spot?
Answers:
None of it is safe for any animal.
You can use alternatives to chemicals, one is the use of crushed garlic in the food source.
However I do know that some times this is simply not enough.
You cat can show signs immediately it is applied, and it is the high concentrate of chemicals they are against. Anything that is not natural the body will want to get rid of it, this may be in the form of frothing at the mouth, actual dry retching etc. Can you not try a more gentler (if there is one) flea treatment out there for you to try (I have had to resort to using Advantage for cats on my dogs, yes I know but the dogs prefer this over all the others (less chemical smells). I use advantage for cats as it is cheaper and I do believe I have the fleas confused, how do they know if you are using flea treatment for cats or dogs? Good luck hope you find some relief. I do add garlic to the food source but sometimes you need a little more especially when you live in a warmer climate.
I would not advise using more than one flea control product on your pets, especially cats. This can result in overdose. I recommend calling your vet before applying any more products. Find out which products they recommend and try to stick to those.
If you cat has a reaction---it could be 30 minutes to 1 hour.
DONT NOT USE ONESPOT UNLESS YOU DONT MIND YOUR CAT DYING

No comments:

Post a Comment