Friday, May 21, 2010

How long can you leave a cat by himself?

I will be gone from 10.30 am to about 1 pm the following day
Should I have someone check on him?
Answers:
I think it's all right. Just cat-proof your house / flat / the room he will be staying. Have food and WATER and toys and litter available.

I've left mine from morning till the next evening, and he's ok (I put out an additional litterbox in those cases, I usually clean his litter twice a day); if I will be gone longer, I have somebody he knows check out on him - give him food, change his water, play with him and groom him. If I am gone longer than two days and one night (or two nights and one day), I have my friend check on him every day - because he is alone the rest of the time).
as long as he has food, water and an electric kitty litter box
Assuming he has access to the litter box, food, and fresh water -- he'll be just fine!
no
just leave enough food and water and clean kitty litter.
I have left my cats for 3 days.they do just fine. They will be mad at you when you return. Close off doors so they don't claw.
Around 12-14 years, but mine live till 15, strange?
cats are good hunters but first give ti foo dbefore you go to work
Nah -- food, water and a clean litter box is fine.
yes. cats are independent creatures. leave food, water %26 clean kitty litter. he/she will be fine!
lol. No just make sure he has adequate food and water. Cats are fine alone for.well.for much longer than that.
depends if your cat is diciplined or not wont it ?
yeah he'll be good.!
I have left mine alone for up to 48 hours with no one checking and they are fine. After that I prefer that someone come in and change the water and clean out the litter box. I have one cat that will quit using it if it gets to full. For the time you say, just be sure there is plenty of fresh water and food down and leave with the litter pan fresh and it will be fine.
I'd say that should be nooooo problem for a cat. They can go without food for much longer periods, and you'll probably leave way too much food and water for it to compensate or should I say overcompensate for your absence anyway.
It depends on how nice your place is and if you actually like your decor.
Yeah, he should be fine.just make sure you leave more than enough food out and some drinking water.and clean his litter box before you go.
he should be fine leave out enough food and water and make sure you clean the litter box right before you leave. if it makes you feel better to have someone check in on him then do that.
No, that's fine. Leave lots of water in different places, in case he spills it. Of course, leave lots of food, too. Don't worry.
I have set up my 2 cats and left them alone for up to 5 days. As long as they are inside, and have an over abundance of what they will need for food and water, they are fine. I think they really prefer having the place to themselves. I also always leave the TV on Animal Planet so that there is some noise, and animal sounds that get their attention every now and again.
He'll be fine, I have 3 cat's one's a boy, they r fine all day.

dont worryyyy. :)
I'm usually gone from Friday night until Sunday night every few weeks and I don't have anyone check on my cats. I just make sure I leave a couple of bowls of food and water and plenty of toys to play with. And I also leave a light on for them since it's a myth that cats can see really good in the dark. They're always fine when I arrive home.
I think kitty will be just fine. Might even appreciate the quiet nap time alone. Just make sure he has plenty of food, clean water and access to a litter box.Other than that, you'll probably come home and find him napping peacefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment