Monday, May 24, 2010

How many Cats are too many Cats?

Does your County have a law, if so how many cats are too many to have? I dont have any, but what do you think?
Answers:
In some cases 1 is too many.
2 are enough
more that 2 is to many as far as i'm concerned
6. are you a crazy cat lady?
2 cats are 1 too many!!
One is too many when you are allergic.
2
1 cat is way to many. Sorry I am a dog person
my county doesn't have a law but i have a lovely rule of thumb

u can never have to many pets
especially low maintenance ones
like cats

but u can also never have too many horses..
and their really high maintenance..
i'm not really an expert on the subject..
more than one
i wouldn't have more than 2 or 3 but I had a friend who had 8 at one time. Yikes!
more than 4 is against the law it is a misdiminer
You would need to check with your city/county ordiance law. Every county is different depending on what your area is zoned for.
Untill you cant afford to feed them.
I have one I love him a lot, but over one is to many for me. to avoid disease up to five is ok anymore than that there is chances of diseases.
one is
It all depends on how much work you want to do. I have 8 cats and they are alot of work keeping everyone healthy and my house clean. You have to keep more than one litter box and make sure they are clean at all times. I adore them and wouldn't give them up for the world but 8 is enough
it depends on how much living space you have available.
In a small apartment one would be plenty, a large apartment/house two or three I think would be the most anyone would need.
I think two is enough.
Too many is when they fill up the litter box and leave their mark in other places
I know people with three, but there's probably one of them left out. So I'd say four.
3 or more, but I love cats its just you don't want to become the creepy cat person. I know that there is a law in my county you can only have 2 dogs in your house.
Based on my experience more than 1 cat per two rooms is too much.

Most places have only sanitary and humane laws, meaning you can keep as many as you can care for in a healthy environment.

I have a huge house and five was too many. The more you have, the more likely it is that some won't get along. They will fight and start marking territory which is really bad.

If you got all the males from a litter or two, made sure they were all neutered in time and raised them together as brothers, you could have 6-10 and they would be happy. If you have cats of different sexes and some were neutered late, it could be hard to make even two get along.
actually, i'm not sure if my area has a law about it. i'd assume 20 cats or so would be the legal limit. at that point, no matter how big your house is, you're way overloaded with cats.
I have six and I love every last one of them .but yes it really is a lot of work keeping everything clean and ODOR FREE
Too many is when you have so much cat poop all over that you can't keep it clean,when the neighbors can smell your house from down the block, and when you have dead cats around your house and you don't even know about them. Too many is when you cannot even remember how many you have or their names or if you haven't even named them, also when you cannot afford to feed them or take them to the vet. Too many is when you don't even have a warm safe sanitary place for them to live.
Too
I love cats
Never Enough!
Some states of USA (though I don't know about other countries) have laws on limitation of how many animals, depending on what species they are. Check your state or country and see what the law says just to be safe. But for me, I would say 2 is a safe number to have for cats.
Well, many cities do have an ordinance concerning the number of cats and dogs you are allowed to have. My city allows 4 cats. Most rural towns don't regulate the number, to the best of my knowledge.

It all comes down to how many animals you can care for PROPERLY. And that includes:
~regular vet care (including any on-going treatments and/or surgeries that may occur)
~quality food and fresh water daily
~maintaining a clean and safe living environment
~grooming
~love and attention

There is no set number, just a standard of quality care that is essential to any animal's health and well-being. What might be considered to be a heavy workload for one person or family might be considered to be a breeze to the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment