Friday, May 21, 2010

how long can a cat stay pregnant?


Answers:
Generally till it gives birth.
good question that i dont know sorry
Gestation for domesticated house cats is about 63 days.
Usually 8 weeks but some go overdue to 9 weeks or so.

PETLOVER
Nearly all cats will stay pregnant right up until the moment they give birth. :)
Until I run it over.thanks for the 2 points.
63 days from the date she was last bred.
it takes about 2 to 21/2 mo.
The average cat pregnancy lasts about 9 weeks.
The gestation period of a cat is 58-62 days; as far as how long a cat can keep having kittens, that can be 10 to 12 years.
Dances wi is correct until you get them spayed. One heat to another. And they get old quick with out a spay. Much happier if they get "fixed".
maybe your cat just gained weight
about 63 days, just like a dog
A pregnant cat is called, "a queen," and "the gestation period typically runs from 57 to 69 days, with the average of 63 to 64 days. I like to use "63," because it is nine weeks, equating to human pregnancy average of nine months, making it easier to remember."

Source: http://cats.about.com/cs/pregnancybirth/.

My aunt, is always picking up stray animals and caring for them (bless her heart). She and I were discussing cat gestation and she said that cats give birth after a period of 59 days and I repeated that they can but most often the AVERAGE is 63 days. then, I came up with, ". or until they give birth, period!" She gave me a long hard pull on my shoulder length hair, called me her favorite rascal nephew and treated me to coffee!
aproximately 9 wks.

No comments:

Post a Comment