Monday, May 24, 2010

How many cats are too many cats to have in your house before you're considered a 'crazy cat person'?


Answers:
Depending on the size of your house .. and how many people or other pets are living their with you .. Probably anything over 4 or 5 cats would start to be excessive.
3 or 4
More than six.
Three max. After that it starts looking like a barnyard trough at feeding time.
I couldn't answer. I have 5!
I think 3 is more than enough. Any more after that, the house starts to smell like the pet store.
I had 7 at one time and my neighbors would call me the cat lady. I love cats and somehow ended up with 7. Now I only have 1. And I have to admit I enjoy spending time with the 1 I have.
I hate cats (probably because I'm allergic). I'd say more than three is too many.
I think it depends on the person-to-cat ratio. The last place I lived we had 6 cats, but 3 individuals living there. now, 6 cats to one person. ewww. thats a lot of litter
one
1 . ;-)
depends are they indoor or outdoor, if there outdoor and hardly ever inside then 5. if there indoor and are always inside then 3.
If you have room for them and they are well fed and get proper vet care, how ever many you have room for. You will be doing a lot of litterbox cleaning though.
Usually having more than four is against the law depending on the local by-laws. A 'Crazy' Cat lady usually refers to a person with hoarding tendancies and keeps buying or adopting cats long past their ablity to handle them. Depending on your ablity 3-6 should be enough! Although I an quite aware that cats tend to adopt people.
When a person has more cats than they can correctly take care of them. I have four and they are very well taken care of. For each cat that lives indoors you should have one litter box (per cat). Should be fed a good nutritional food, free of parasites ~inside and out. They should be happy and content.
There are so many people who think they are doing a justified service to the animals they take on. If they are not providing with their basic neccessities, they are doing more harm than good. I think they know that and that is what drives them crazy.
Once you have more than 4 cats in your house, you have now become crazy cat person.
any more than 3 and your cosiderd a crazy cat person!
12 or 13 as long as ur taking good care of them. you should have more then one litter box, cats love a clean place when it's time to use it. i would love to have more but my cat won't let me bring any other cats in the house.
Depends on the size of your home. It is not healthy to have to many cats. You should have enough room that each cat can have his or her own space in the house.
I would say having more than the law allows would definitely qualify you as a "crazy cat person."

Most cities have restrictions on the number of cats you are allowed to have in your home. In our area, five is the most you can legally have--unless you are a breeder or have a kennel. A friend of mine was reported to the city because she had more than that. They told her either get rid of some, or get licensed as a kennel.
More than 2.
I have 4 and they already call my the crazy cat lady. I say as long as you can take care of them then there is no limit.
my mother had 6 cats and shes not considered a crazy cat person. I dont think there is a specific number. I think it has more to do with a persons behavior as well..
I am our neighborhood's "Batty Cat Lady" even though I only have two cats of my own. Why they call me this? Well, when I step out my front door with my two cats and begin to go "walkies" with them around the block, we are joined by . let me see. "Simba," who belongs to neighbor 1; and "Princess " who belings to neighbor upstairs, and "Zeus" who belongs to Daniel the brat; and "Dinggo" wo bellongs to. who does Dinggo belong to? Anyway, by the time we are halfway around the block, I have quite a parade in tow. So. am the Batty Cat Lady and I am proud of it!
More than you can care for adequately. I have accidently ended up with 5,but we are all happy and healthy and my home does not smell because I keep the boxes clean.
more than 3 unless you have a huge house!! Well the lady who I bought my kittens from has 11, but she has her whole garden transformed into cat runs and heated pens, her cats live in ultimate luxury.

No comments:

Post a Comment