Thursday, May 7, 2009

How do we stop our cat (fluffykins)from eating our food?

I had left the duck on the worksurface to cool, when I went in to carve he had scoffed the lot and we had a duckfilled fattypuss, please help ! no Australians please until they stop killing our back packers.
Answers:
You should never leave food on the counter, and expect the cat to leave it alone. That is not the cat's fault, it's yours!

You should also rename Fluffykins to Garfield. It's obvious that the two share the same appetite.
Don't leave it out unsupervised.
Teach your cat that it is not allowed where your food is or put it in a separate room when you eat.
get a cage sort of thing
ok, get a water gun, a small cheap $1 one, and fill it with water. when he jumps to food, or begs, squirt him in the head, not eyes or ears, but top of the head.

second, if that don't work, i yell and tell the cat to get the hel l down! smack its asz, not hard, but enough he knows you mean buziness.

idon't know what else todo, a animal is just like having kids, you need to set limits for them and their health,lol.
What you can do is when its time for you to eat, go ahead and feed your cat its food just before you sit down to eat. Do this consistently so that Fluffykins will learn not to jump on counters to gets its food. Eventually the cat will learn where to get its food from. Make sure that the cat has plenty of water and possibly dry cat food down during the day.
You don't. Fluffkins LIKES your food. Fluffykins NEEDS your food. From the day you named me "Fluffykins" I made it my solemn vow. To refuse all cat food, and eat the food YOU eat. Oh, sure, you can try to cover up your plates, but eventually you'll lean back. You always do. And then I'm in. Mashed potatoes. Corn. Rhubarb pie. If you put it on a table, I'm all over it. Want me to stop? Change my name.change my name like I BEGGED you so many years ago. "No, Fluffykins." "Get off the table, Fluffykins." YOU try getting along in the world with that name. Now if you'll excuse me. I see Jello in the fridge.
Put foil paper over it while it cools. My cat would love nothing better than to eat my freshly cooked chicken as soon as he could but I simply wrap foil it blocks the sent and the chicken is fine. But as soon as I lift one tiny corner he is right there crying for some!
Cats can also be taught manners. Start by not feeding table scraps to him it will be best also for his weight! And health!
LMAO i thought pussykins died when your girl chucked it outta the window?

No comments:

Post a Comment