Thursday, May 7, 2009

How Do U Toilet Train UR Cat??


Answers:
Go to catsclaw.com for a kit.
When I box-trained my kittens, I showed them where the boxes were and put them in them whenever I caught them doing no-nos elsewhere. For a while when they were too small to use the bog boxes easily, I used a small painter's tray so it would be less scary to them. Gradually as they got bigger, I started moving the little tray closer to the big boxes, then took it up. I've not had trouble with them since then.
Don't you mean litter box train? Its near impossible to get a cat to go in the toilet. Inorder to do so you would have to rig a cat box to the toilet and get the cat to go in it with litter for a month then switch it from litter to shallow water. When the cat goes in that just remove the box and leave the lid up . In theory this would work but depends on the cat.
What I've heard it's as easy as
1. Get a kitty litter box
2. Fill the kitty litter box with kitty litter mix
3. Get your cat's paw and slide it over the mix and ta da! Your cat gets instantaneously house trained.

I wouldn't know I have two dogs, and man they are hard to train! Or retrain anyway grrrr!
If you send me your email address, I have a cute one stored about the cat and flushing the toilet. megofish2day@yahoo.com
There is a device on the market you put on your toilet and the cat uses the toilet . I found the easiest way to train the cat to use the litter box first, which is very easy. Get some info on the net about the toilet training, can't remember the name of the product. It exists, this is not a joke.
check this web site out.
I had a cat who actually trained himself to go in the toilet. As most cats, he was very curious and used to watch when we went. Soon after, I'd find unflushed matter in the toilet and asked my husband if he had forgotten to flush -I knew I hadn't. Eventually, we caught kitty, and just laughed. He kept on doing this until the day he died! True story.
You have place a litter box on the toilet. There are these devices called sitz baths, women often use them after giving birth, can be found at most pharmacies. Fits right in the bowl - fill it with litter and get the cat to use it by showing her where it is. A few times and they usually get the idea. After awhile try removing the litter box from the toilet, take it out of the picture all together, you're cat should use the toilet. Make sure you leave the lid up and seat down. Now if you can teach them how to flush I'd love to know. My Siamese was never taught to use the toilet she just does for some strange reason.
Hi there.here is a website the explains toilet training in great detail: http://www.karawynn.net/mishacat/toilet.. . Please remember that toilet training a cat truly requires dedication of patience, time and commitment once you decide to begin as each cat learns at a different pace and there will be occasional accidents when it's time to remove the litter box. The average cat learns in about 3 months some as long as 18 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment