Thursday, May 7, 2009

How Do U Take Care Of & Train Your Kitten?

I might get a 2month old kitten n'i wanted to ask u all how to take care of it ( other than the basicz; food-wanter-showering ), Iz there anything I should know? %26 How do i train my kitten to like, Love me r'somethin'! lol.. i see people with catz n'how their kittiez go to them %26 rub thier bodiez against their feet n'stuff, how did they make thier kitty do that ? I wanna train my kitty to be "Superior"! lol .So, Any Ideaz? !?! Also, I wanna know the "Puuuurrrrfect" way to take care of my kittie'z fur. :D
Answers:
To have a cat that is loving, is not something you can train her to do, she has to be born with a loving personality. I had a cat named Charmed who was mean as dirt, I tried loving on her since she was a kitten, petting her and spoiling her, but she was still mean, and after awhile started biting and hissing alot, getting even meaner in her older age. I have a cat now who is 4 months old and very loving, follows me around, purrs all of the time and loves to be picked up. So before you get this cat, check her out, make sure she has a personality that you want.

To take care of her, there isn't to much to know, kittens are naturally trained to a litter box, most kittens anyway, some get confused. Kittens need kitten food and plenty of water, no human scraps or milk products. Kittens should be vaccinated and treated for worms. Worms are very common in a kitten. Kittens can be bathed, but not more then once a month, this adds extra softness to their fur, buy a nice brush and brush her daily, she will love it. Lots of love and you should be fine.

Good luck!!
I would suggest going to Petsmart or Petco and reading up on cat care.

also, please do not have your cat declawed when you get her.

You can also talk to a veterinarian on cat care, as well as reading ebook on the internet.

Please be well aware that cats are a big responsibility.
Buy a book on cats. I'm getting a persian in 2 weeks, so I bought a book because there are so many things to beware of like diseases, mood swings, food suggestions etc.
http://www.cats.about.com

as for a cat rubbing up against you, that isn't something that you train them to do, they are leaving their scent on you to say hey! this person is mine!

you want to feed the kitten quality kitten food up till it is at least 7-8 months preferably 12 months but if your cat is gaining too much weight by 7-8 months you can switch to adult food but check with your vet first.

get your kitten spayed/neutered at 6 months. and keep your kitten inside. you can leash train your kitten and you can take it outside, that's the only safe way to do it.

there are plenty of sites and books out there about how to take care of your cat/kitten.

if you have any specific questions let me know I'll be glad to try and help you. I have two 15 month old kittens that I've had for 11 months now. and have read a lot of books and stuff about cats.
First of all, you may want to do research on the "basicz" since you think you have to shower a cat.

The way you train a kitten to enjoy cuddling is to give it tons of attention and handle it all the time. Whenever I'm spending time with my foster kittens, I always make sure I'm constantly holding them and giving them kisses!

But seriously, before rushing into cat-ownership, do all your research ahead of time and be sure you're prepared to make that 20+ year commitment.

No comments:

Post a Comment