Thursday, May 7, 2009

How do u get over the death of a cat who u known all your life?

his name was whisker he's getting pur to sleep and creammated today i can't come back with a empty rug on the floor where he always used to sleep i'm a reck i need help!
i'll cry all day it you don't!! it so hard to see him gone :-(
Answers:
It will take time.I lost my Akita in March this year and I still get teary. We got another Akita pup in June and she really has helped to heal the wound. But, when you have known an animal so long it will be hard.
Take solace in the fact that he had a loving owner and will be missed. Whisker will always be with you.
The gathering of friends to bury Whisker is a good idea. You will have friends who liked your cat and would like the chance to say good bye too. We had a burial and then a wake for Shiro, our Akita. It helped to have others there who understood our hurt and shared our grief.
When your ready, bring another little fur baby into your home. Whisker wouldn't want you to be alone.
Thinking of you!
( ) ( ) %26lt;---- Here's a couple of hugs for you!
I know how you feel. I think that the only way for you to heal is to get
a kitten. Kittens are so full of live and endearing with their funny antics
that you will have to laugh. I did when I lost my dear friend Stella and
it was a good thing. I now have a beautiful cat Izzy who keeps me
entertained. I still miss Stella but it is easier to bear now. Go o the
local Humane Society and get a kitty!
Jennifer, cry. And if you need to, cry some more. Take time to remember all the gentle actions of your kitty. And at the first opportunity, get a kitten and transfer all that love you had for your other cat onto your new kitten. The antics will help ease the pain you are having now.

I feel you, dear one. This painful grief will pass, though it doesn't seem so now.
It's never easy and you're going to cry all day today, tomorrow, the next day. If you have friends and a place where you can bury him, then I would do a little gathering.like a funeral.with other people and let everybody share their memories of Whisker. That can help. But time is the only thing that will really heal the hurt of losing a pet.
I love my Cat and i dont want to lose him but when the time comes, i think i ll find a new cat and take it home. I will try to be again the best friend he/she has.

Nothing will live forever but all i want is to make his/her life beautifull just because I can.
Jennifer, so very sorry for your loss. We all understand your grief.

Here's a link that may help you:

Rainbow Bridge
http://rainbowsbridge.com/poem.htm.
get another one as soon as possible helps a lot
I cried for like 2 weeks straight after putting our cat to sleep, which was like 6 yrs ago. It is hard, but things do get better.In August we adopted a 4yr old cat from the SPCA. She is sweet, and totally different from my first cat. Things are better now, don't fret!!
I know how you feel I had to put my 15 year old cat to sleep. Its very sad and a hard decision. You obviously loved your cat and when the time is right, give another cat a chance at a loving home.

No comments:

Post a Comment