Sunday, August 2, 2009

How fat/thin?

How fat is your cat?


I have a male he weighs 23 lbs and a female she weighs 18..
Answers:
Gosh! and I thought mine were fatties. I have a 4 year old male that weighs 17lbs and a 2 year old female that weighs 12. The vet says they are healthy and no need to change what I'm doing with them. So as to what the others are saying, if the vet says they are healthy and are fine, I wouldn't worry about it.
Female weighs 6 pounds. She's really petite though, she's got a fat belly on that tiny frame.
Are your cats Maine Coon or Maine coon mixes? No offense, but if they're not, you shouldn't be bragging about having cats that are that fat. It's really unhealthy for a cat that isn't of a large breed (or large breed mix.. such as Maine coon) to be really overweight. I remember once, years ago (more like 6 years ago), my mom and stepdad used this vet in town. She was really nice, but HER cat was super fat and it wasn't a maine coon mix. How can a vet tell people their pets need to lose weight when her's was huge? Eventually, they started going to a different vet that practiced what she preached.
2 of my cats are under 10lbs. My large, 10 month old Maine Coon mix male is about 12lbs. My 14 month old female is about 7 lbs and my 5 month old kitten weighs about 4-5lbs. The average adult housecat should weigh between 6-10lbs. The only cats that should be anywhere near 20lbs are Maine Coons and Pixie Bobs (bobcat mixes). Diabetes is running rampant in cats nowadays because they are not at all active and food is left out for them 24/7. My cats get 15 minutes to eat their fill twice a day. They are also kept active with stimulating toys and playtime.
I have a female who is about seven pounds. She is really old though, like 19 years.
That sounds really big. I have a female that is on the rather petite as cats go but she only weigh,s 7 or 8 pounds.
Well.i have kitten that's almost 6 months old. He's nowhere near that size.yet. I got the kitten from my cousin. And this kitten is somehow related to her cat that is seven years old. And he's 22 pounds. The vet told them that their cat is perfectly healthy and not to worry about it. It's just more to love, right? :) Take care.
i have a male that weighs
20lbs
Mine are kittens, they probably weigh ___ounces.
i have an 8 year old female who can't weigh more than 6 or 7 lbs. she's a runt though. and a year old male maine coon who was 8 lbs the last time i took him to the vet (about 7 months ago) and since then he has doubled in size. he must weigh a good 15 lbs or more and he is STILL growing.
you vet should be able to tell you if its a good weight or not, my female is about a foot across and weighs 12 pounds, i think shes to fat but the vet says shes suppose to weigh that cause shes fixed..
Cats can be very piggish, LOL, I have one cat that is fat, probably around 18-20 pounds and healthy, but my other cats are average weight for their breeds, around15 pounds, I have had them all since they were kittens. They are all from a healthy line of big cats, by the way. But my last cat was an abandoned cat and she acts like she was deprived of food, I believe that is why she is fat, but I love my cats, they are well taken care of, and I let them eat as much as they want. Good for you, another cat lover.
Don't listen to people's negativity, you asked a good question. I have had my cats for years, 4 ferals that I saved and the last one was the abandoned one, since 2003. They are all very active, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment