Sunday, August 2, 2009

How far have you gone in spoiling your kitty?

I love my kitty so much that I spoil him like crazy. He got everything he DOESNT need and yet I keep on spending. :P He got his kitty tower, vitamins, fountains, numerous toys, specialty food, and everything that drives my husband nuts. How about you? How far are you in spoiling your kitty?
Answers:
OMG!!
Petsmart sends me thank you cards! LOL!
My living space is designed AROUND my cats!!
I have plate shelves around the top of the room and lots of shelves zig zaging from the floor to the ceiling for them to play on and quite a few condos, baskets FULL of toys..I grow my own catnip, bought an electric blanket for my bed to keep them warm during the day in winter time..what else.they are so far BEYOND spoiled it isn't even funny any more!
I have kicked boyfriends OUT because they did not treat my cats with the proper respect.they did not abuse them, they just did not spoil them.. I know, but they are all rescues and I promised each and every one that they would never want for anything ever again..so.
catnip for christmas is about it.
I yell at my husband for telling my cat to get out of his chair! LOL
I'll answer this later..I gotta go give her a bath. I HATE how the fur sticks to my tongue, though.phlaugh.
I love them as they were my children. I spoil them where I can , but I never forget they are cats.

Happy to hear there are people out there who care for their animals so much :-)
Well, I don't have a whole lot of money, but I've started buying her presents every time I go to Walmart!

My kitty was a 4 or so pound stray when I got her a few months ago. She's a big, 11 pound housecat now!

I recently bought her a bag of 12 cat toys, a scratching post, a brush, kitty shampoo (the dry kind, as she isn't awesome at bathing herself!), and cat nip (to attract her to the post).

She gets to sleep with me every night and shares my Chinese food (non-spicy) with me. Also, secretly, part of the reason I let my hamster run in his ball is because my cat likes to watch him!

She is like my child. I actually talk about her to people as if she WERE my child! "You should have seen what Izzy did today, it was so cute!"
Well, I gave mine a birthday party once (complete with a cat-shaped chocolate cake) and invited all my friends. They thought I was very strange. Give me a break, I was only 10 years old.
I'm (very sadly) allergic to kitties, but my dog has his own room and twin bed. He doesn't sleep in it very often, though, because I usually let him sleep with me.

:)

Pets are the best!
We had this cat once that hated tap water - we took it to the vet and the vet said that perhaps this was how we got this cat (it was a stray) in the first place - perhaps the cat's former owners ran out of money for bottled water. We started to buy bottled but then we got tired of having a loud miaowing and eventually yawling creature that demanded we refresh her water every few hours (I used to stay at home alot so could pander to the creature). Eventually however I got sick of it and one day when we started to realise we were running out of water, I divided her last spring water bottle amongst five empties and then topped them up with water.

Thankfully shelly never realised and we were able to save alot of money in the end - we'd just let her think we were still pampering her :D
I don't spoil my cats. I do have catnip growing all around which attracts cats that aren't mine and they become more impaired than mine.
It grows sort of wild here at my house.

I just give them good food and clean water and vet care when they need (which isn't too often). They are very good friends. I have three cats now.

They do keep the mice way.
Mine spoilings are different:

My cat gets the new Naturals by Purina %26 cat treats about once or twice a week. I mix the Purina with the Friskies Feline Favorites. The first time she had this mix, she practically inhaled her food! Now when I bring home the food bags, she meows at me until I've got them mixed in her food container.

My son saved his allowance %26 bought her a mouse toy that sounds like it has newspaper inside the body. It's hilarious to watch her play with it. Sometimes, she'll flip it way up into the air %26 once it bonked her head but she kept right on playing with it. She has a scratching tower that has 2 cutout areas where she can go inside. It tipped over one day %26 scared her so we leave it on its side. She'll climb inside %26 peek her head out to see if we're watching her. If we are, she hides again. So my son %26 I watch her then look away, giggling at her antics. She has a few bell toys but usually ignores them.

I spend about $8 on this bottle of breath deodorizer that I find at PetSmart. Pour it in their fresh bowl of water daily %26 bye bye nasty kitty breath! She gets wet food weekly too, usually on Sunday mornings. Sundays are big breakfasts for us %26 she knows that when I start getting things ready for us, it's time for her wet food %26 will sit by the cupboard until one of us spoons it into her food bowl.

She sleeps wherever she wants, on the floor, the couch, loveseat my son's bed or mine. If she chooses mine, her claimed spot is the left corner. She won't get kicked when I roll over at night. In the winter, we use heated mattress pads on our beds %26 she loves the heat. I don't turn it up higher than 2, even turning on Low if it gets too warm for me. She will sit or lay down by the bathroom door while I'm in there, either using the toilet, in the shower or brushing my hair. Sometimes, she'll sit on one of the rugs while her litterbox is emptied. She likes to jump up onto my chest %26 pur. All 4 paws %26 her tail get tucked in %26 I induldge her in some "kitty scratchins", my term for scratching along side her chin %26 behind her ears.
My kitties are ruling the house, they are the three kings. You just have to spoil them, because you can't help it. My kitties have lots of toys and get their treats and good nutrition. They all have their own big kitty tree as well.They sleep with us in bed, on top of my head, under the covers, anywhere. My husband doesn't mind, because he loves them as well. Once you own a cat, you will always have a cat. You should get your kitty a little brother.
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhm, 3 of them, one of me, and they tolerate me living in their home pretty well. Smudgie Loo, Sallie Lynn and Nikkie have their own bedroom completely decked out in leopard print. Hassock, curtains, toss pillows, bedding,.NO, not little pillows on the floor, there are two twin size beds and a double "cat bunk" in there! Toys hang on strings from the ceiling and all of the doo dads in the room reflect the cat families, both domestic and wild. My girls don't much appreciate new toys, in fact, with three of them in the house, they all have at least one special item that was given to them better than 7 years ago. (Don't get me wrong, there's a bucket full of feathered balls and such as well) We have full conversations with each other, fish are bought for the tank depending on their ability to perform for the cats and there are about 6 different kinds of "cookies" in their leopard print pantry. They get gifts wrapped under the Christmas tree (sprinked with nip for sure openning).
With all of this in their "special place" I still wake up every morning with Smudgie under the covers and her paw resting on my hand.
That would conclude to one appreciative kitty and two spoiled brats. But I wub all my chiwdwens like cwaaaaaaazy!
i have 3 female and 1 male cats a mother and her 3 kittens and they have trained me well,they get their meat and vegetables,cat
milk and plenty of clean water then in winter they all wanted to sleep in my bed with the electric blanket..i had to go out and get a very large cat bed and also a pet electric blanket .. now i have
the bed to myself except for one female which will not sleep in the cat bed.glad someone else loves cats!!
i know what u mean i have 3 and i love them to bits, they do have loads but i dont want them to get bored as they are house cats

1 comment:

  1. You can never spoil a pet enough!
    I was always scared to have a cat because I didn't think they would be affectionate, wow I was wrong. My boyfriend and I adopted our first kitten (a siemese named Pixie) and since then I can't imagine my life without her. Since having her I have researched everything about cats, she gets only the healthiest food no matter the price and has abundance of toys and beds. My boyfriend is head over heels in love too, he literally treats her like his child. Its the cutest thing seeing them together. Most importantly she has unlimited love and attention which makes her truly spoiled!

    ReplyDelete