Sunday, August 2, 2009

how do you train cats to do more exercise?


Answers:
Well, my cat sure could use some good old fashion exercise, She eats the best food, I give her vitamins and she is way to pampered, so I've been thinking the same thing as you, so lately i get her to run by tossing a small ball, and she actually brings it back to me, just like a dog does. A give her that running back and forth thing for about 20 minutes everyday, she loves it, hopefully she will shed a few pounds. And also I cut down the amount of food she was eating, she weighs 14 pounds now, a bit chunky don't you think.All the answers here are great!,,but not the Van one! no, no!
Tie it to the back of a van
buy a lead for them and take them for walks. Cats are pretty stubborn though.
Check This Out

http://tinyurl.com/gjdgf
tel him to jump otherwise don't give him food.
you get more toys for them to play with and use catnip coz that works really well

you have to make the cat think that it wants to play or it wont play.
that what cats are like.
if they cant see the point they wont do anything.
Buy toys for them to chase around.
Pick up a little laser pointer at radio shack. My cat goes crazy trying to catch the little red dot. She's usually very calm and lazy, but when i whip that thing out, she's a maniac.
I have not been able to train my cat to do more exercise.

I have been using a laser pointer to make him run around and jump more. He %26 I both really enjoy it.
get one of cat poles thingys to for he/she to clime on
You play with them. Buy cat toys..Catnip a few times a week. Get the Da bird cat toy they love this toy.Buy it here or pet co carries them
http://tailsbythebay.stores.yahoo.net/ju.
Laser lights cats really love chasing the light just don't shine it in their eyes. Its up to you to play and intereact with your cat to get it moving
Do you give your cats cat-nip toys? That encourages them to run and play. There are new cat-nip toys out called appeteezers, they are shaped liked sardines, cheese, mice, etc.. My cats (even my 14 yr old overweight cat) both play like kittens when I toss these out.

I get them at my local grocery store, but I'm sure pet supply places would carry them, and here is a website for you..
buy more toys and catnip, buy a laser pointer, they all worked for me. also, we got a new kitten, and the two of my kittens run around like little crazies :)
Play with them more and chase them around!
Buy him a scratching post, toys and catnip. If he is overweight, buy him some low fat cat food.
mouse a fate
Get a mouse.

Toys.

Place cat food further away and make the cat follow you around the house.
Cats won't do anything that they don't want to.You could try buying leads and taking them for walks
My cats are not interested in toys or catnip, so I cant get them things to amuse themselves with.

The best toy so far has been ME playing with them, with a long shoe lace dragged on the floor, under newspapers etc.

for a bit of fast jumping action I have a stick with a long string and a mouse toy at the end (a bit like a fishing rod with a fish on the end) and I flick that around the furniture and the jump, run, catch, crouch and generally really give themselves a good workout without me having to exert myself much.

My cats are inside with an outside "cat run" enclosure with lots of tree branches to climb etc. but exercise is still a problem because they just dont want to run %26 climb like they used to in the garden..
you can't.but you can make them more active.have plenty of toys or even better get her a friend.
Play with them, using toys that bounce around on rope or elastic,
You cant train cats like dogs, you play with cats which will give them lots of exercise and have fun at the same time
fxhxxh
Play with her alot!
You nee to just play with it. Ball and string.
the thing that works the best w/ my cat is this plastic stick w/ a small bell and ball tied to a sting at the end (there was originally feathers on it but she tore those to bits in no time). wave it around, they go nuts
Play with it.
I recommend trying Da Bird. This is one of the best cat toys, and it's a great way to give your cat some added exercise.
My friend once did some training at the end of october with a bit of sellotape and a banger. It really worked, I've never seen a cat run so fast!!

(Only joking)

It was a rocket!
All the answers on toys are good. I own a huge cat, 60cm 8kg. I work him out using pringles chips lids. He jumps to catch them like a border collie going for a frisbee. Table tennis balls and fake mice are also popular with cats.
Buy yourself a greyhound, that should do the trick

No comments:

Post a Comment