Sunday, August 2, 2009

How dos a cat know the different between cat food and treats. when they bag for a treats is it the flavor they


Answers:
They don't. Cat food and Cat "Treats" are sold to people. The difference is that a "cat treat" does not have to be complete and balanced. Cats who like to eat will eat anything. Cats that are full or don't care for the flavor (they can smell) will not eat the kibble or the treat thing.
Commercial pet food and "treats" usually have a sprayed on flavor enhancer to make them appealing to animals (and therefore lead the humans who buy them to buy more). Sometimes the "flavor enhancers" sprayed on can be used restaurant grease!

I don't give my six cats any treats. They get good quality food and I control what goes into it.
Old Cat Lady is right, treats are just manufactured to be a bit more enticing to cats than their every day food.

I have a bottle of treats hanging around for my cats.I just hardly ever dole them out. Usually, it's after a bath or nail trimming.
I don't really think they do. I've had food samples that come in small packages %26 have given my 3 small bites (4-5 pcs) of the food %26 they think they're getting a snack. Think it's because of the sound of the package.

No comments:

Post a Comment