Sunday, August 2, 2009

How fast Revolution will work aganist Ear Mites?

I am considering to get Revolution to use on my cat, since he has both Fleas and Ear Mites and it has been annoying him and I. I'm curious if Revolution will help to reduce or destory all ear mites and how long will it takes the revolution to work on ear mites ? (speaking of number of hours? )

Lately I've been trying to use cotton balls to clean his ears out and using one or two drops of ear mites drops from pet store and it has been too much work for me.

thanks
Answers:
Hi, The best thing you can do for earmites is get a product named Tresderm or Acarexx from your local vet. They work very well against earmites. You also need to get Frontline or Advantage to prevent or eliminate the flea problem. Frontline is usually around $10-$12 and the Acarexx is about $20-$30, but they both work wonders. The acarexx will kill off the earmites within 24 hours and usually do not come back for the rest of the cats life. It is a one time treatment that they can do at the vet hospital. Goodluck!


p.s Any type of oil put ni the ear will make a mess and potentially cause more problems then helping the problems. Clean the ears with some hydrogen peroxide and water on a cotton ball once every 2 weeks or so after the ears are clear from earmites
I'm not sure revolution will work for mites. You might want to call the vet about that.
I have heard a lot about this lately. Mineral Oil, Baby Oil, or Vitamin C, (the liquid from the tablet) will do the same thing. That is with the ear mites. And it is much cheaper. You put some on a cotton ball.NOT a q-tip, and apply inside the ear, do not go down the ear canal too deep, and then just rub the ear together gently. All they need to have happen to kill them is to be smothered.
If your cat has fleas and ear mites, get Revolution. I used it on my kitten when I first got him and seriously within an hour the fleas started dropping off him dead. You need to keep applying it every month to make sure the fleas do not come back and keep the mites off. It is worth the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment